segunda-feira, 23 de dezembro de 2013

Professor Furr escreve carta para Yoani Sanchez

Dear Ms Sanchez: Someone on Facebook forwarded this Huffington Post review of yours to me.http://www.huffingtonpost.com/.../join-silence-kill... I don't know much about Cuba or Fidel Castro. But I know a lot about Stalin and the Soviet Union during his time. I have not read Padura's book. So I'm responding not to the book but to what you write in your review. You write: "No one can remain calm after reading of the horrors of a Soviet Union we were made to venerate as children. The intrigues, purges, assassinations, forced exiles, even though read in the third person, would rob anyone of their sleep. And if, on top of this, we watched our parents believe that the Kremlin was the guidebook for the world proletariat, and knew that the president of our country, until recently, kept a photo of Stalin in his own office, then the insomnia becomes more persistent. Of all the books published on this Island, I dare say that none have been as devastating to the pillars of the system as this one. I have spent many years, and the last 9 years pretty much full-time, researching the Stalin period and the "horrors" and "crimes" that are widely accepted as historical facts. What I have found is this: They are all, without exception, false. I have made a special point of researching fact-claims about "crimes" of Stalin, and of the USSR during his time. Not a one of them is backed up by evidence. This tidal wave of lies did not begin with Leon Trotsky. But Trotsky added a lot of his own falsehoods, and his writings became well-known. Nikita Khrushchev and his supporters began the great avalanche of lies about the USSR. These stopped when Khrushchev was ousted in October 1964, but Mikhail Gorbachev picked them up again and added yet more falsehoods about the Stalin years. I have given a lot of talks about the Stalin years in the USSR. In all of them, at some point, I say (paraphrasing Weird Al Yankovich): "Everything you think you know about the history of the Soviet Union during Stalin's time -- is wrong." Trotsky himself was involved in underground terrorist groups inside the USSR in the 1930s. His people were allied with those who murdered Sergei Kirov, head of the Communist Party in Leningrad, in 1934. There's a lot of evidence that Trotsky was indeed conspiring with Germany and Japan against the Soviet Union. If you are going to evaluate whether Trotsky should have been assassinated or not, you need to take these matters into account. * * * * * Finally: you should not take history from a novel. Novelists can write whatever they want to write. I assume that Mr Padura has done this. Do not take it as fact. You can read all of my research (much of it done with my Moscow colleague Vladimir Bobrov) on my Home Page:http://www.tinyurl.com/grover-furr-research You can't read my books there. But they are easily obtainable, should you be interested. Bottom line: I began yeas ago, quite ready to find that Stalin was the monster that Khrushchev, then Gorbachev, and now all the anticommunists and Trotskyist said, and still say, that he was. My research has shown: This is all false. None of it is true. I have yet to find one single "crime" by Stalin Yes! That's how bad it is. I think you should know this. Sincerely, Grover Furr Montclair State University Montclair NJ 07043

Nenhum comentário: